Saturday, November 14, 2009

I gotta Feeling...

Why do I run? I wish I had a tally of the miles I have traveled on my feet over the last 10 years. The night before a race I always wonder...why? Well let me mention just a few reasons WHY:
1) The feeling I feel when my daily run is over, especially if I have pushed myself. There is something about running that makes me feel like I can conquer the world, let alone, conquer the rest of my day.
2) friends - I love the people I run with. They make it more fun and inspire me to keep moving.

(Stephanie, me, Jenny, Denise, Carol, Jenesey, Rachel - morning of the 'Run From the Sun')





3) family - The best part of race day is sharing the experience with my family. It is so much fun to find there faces and hear their voices screaming you on as you come into the finish line.
The 'Run From the Sun' is a new race to the valley and they did a great job. It was organized very well and I hope Deseret A&L keep bringing it back.
'I Gotta Feeling' as long as my body will carry me, there are many more races in my future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am sure you need to be reminded that you motivate and encourage all of us to "Get that feelin" each week!
AND...someone mentioned to me how great your family was about making them feel like a million bucks at the finish line this last Saturday. So we agree with you on #3 reason why you run!!!! We love you and your family.

Tricia said...

Yay for running! I wish I had friends to run with. I'm on my own, cause all my friends think running is nuts :)!

Stevens Family said...

You were my best running partner EVER, sure miss those days!

Beach Mommy said...

You truly are amazing! I've been thinking of the things I miss most about being at the shop 24/7... FAMILY, obviously number 1. Having time to shop better and cook better meals, and exercise! Like you said, it does the rest of my day SO much good... and I love that song...