Monday, November 17, 2008

Fall Family Firsts


Clayton played baseball for the first time this Fall. He made incredible progress over the season and his coaches loved his 'Charlie Hustle' attitude and his great disposition.



Nathan played soccer for the first time with a bunch of his friends from church. When he wasn't looking at the sky singing, or chasing his friend Kendall around the field he did great.




My friend Tishia

I am now the Ward Activity Chair person and our first activity was a Fall Chili Cook-off. We had a real live band, a petting zoo and a scarecrow contest. It was a great time for the 250+ people that came. I have a great committee and a great ward who all participated in making it a success. Below is the newest family member 'Shotgun Willie'. He got his name because he road shotgun in Scott's truck for a full week after the party was over. He was built to last through the years so don't be surprised if you see him hanging out every Fall.


4 comments:

Beach Mommy said...

I would've loved to see Scott cruising around with the scarecrow. Great hit Clayton and I wish Colten was into soccer as much as you Nanes.
As for the Calling Amber, you're so good at organizing things like that, it's a perfect fit. And I can't believe you had 250 people. I would love a ward that big!

Tricia said...

You da MAN, Clayton! What a hit!!! Nathan is too cute, and sounds just like Sawyer at that age :). I LOVE the scarecrow...I expect to see it in your family Christmas picture. That's a great calling for you, and it sounds like you had an awesome activity! Love you and miss you!

Stevens Family said...

I can't believe you are Act.Chair again! Ohhh I know how much you loved that calling last time! Fun stuff. At least you look adorable in your cowboy hat!

anna said...

whew! now that baseball's FINALLY over, maybe you'll have time to spend with FRIENDS!! :)just kidding...are you gonna sign Clayton up in the regular spring session?? Maybe the boys would get to play together!