Wednesday, January 14, 2009

*Ode to Brooklyn*


Normally, when one of my children is sick and has to miss a day of school, first, I feel empathy (and I'm really glad its not me whose sick), but second, I feel slightly (or severely) frustrated because my plans for the day are inevitably changed. Today was soooooooo different. Brooklyn stayed home sick today and it was such a joy to have her with me all day...she rested, watched tv, listened to her ipod, played happily with her baby sister, chatted with me and even helped me in the kitchen. Brookie, today, on a day you didn't feel your best, I saw the best in you. I love you!

3 comments:

Tifani said...

what a sweeetie she is!!! I love when they help out. Way to go Brooklyn for helping mom!!! I hope she is feeling better

Tricia said...

I hope you're feeling better Brooklyn. Way to be a big helper! I remember when I was a kid and stayed home sick. I always had to go to the office with my Mom, and I LOVED it :)!

Beach Mommy said...

Sweet Brookie.... I hope you're feeling so much better! We love you