Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy 41st Birthday!





I am so thankful for this opportunity to honor you. I want you to know that I love my life and my life is great because YOU are my co-star. There are sooooo many things to love about you so I thought I would take this opportunity to list a few. 41 to be exact. I LOVE...
1. your enthusiasm
2. your sense of humor
3. your sarcasm
4. your laugh
5. the importance you put on relationships
6. your love of the water
7. your love of Lake Powell
8. the way you spend the whole year planning your next Lake Powell trip
9. your wakeboarding skills
10. how comfortable you are in the water
11. how comfortable our kids are in the water because of you
12. your happy energy in the mornings
13. the way you dance when you are happy
14. the way you dance with our kids
15. when something moves you you are not afraid to cry
16. your common sense
17. your testimony of Christ
18. the way you provide for our family
19. your money smarts
20. your love for your country
21. the way you express yourself when you write
22. your strong work ethic
23. that when you hold me I feel so safe
24. that when you are with me you make me feel like there is no where else you would rather be
25. your desire to serve others
26. your willingness to help me finish my crazy projects (even if we have to risk our lives)
27. the energy with which you talk politics
28. your love of nature
29. your love of camping
30. that you can identify any bird in the sky
31. that you research EVERYTHING before you buy it
32. that after all these years you still love to go on dates
33. that you like to spoil me
34. how you see the best in your kids
35. how you play with Brook's hair when she lays her head on your lap
36. how you wrestle with the boys
37. that you are the safest driver I know
38. how you don't like me to drive if your in the car
39. the expression in your eyes
40. your intuition
41. how you are IMPOSSIBLE to surprise
The list could go on and on. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Scott! I am just happy to find out that you are a few months older than me! Thanks for all your help you give my husband, he couldn't do it without you!

Stevens Family said...

Happy Birthday friend. I hope you had a great day at the boat show, sorry we missed it!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday! I loved Amber's list about what she loves about you. If I was making a list of what I love about you, a lot of those same things would be on it. I had to smile too, because in so many ways, you and Mark are similar.

jenny said...

Happy Birthday Scott!! I hope next year you get that Ski Natique or Master Craft! We can all dream right??

anna said...

How was the boat show? Sorry we missed it!! Do we get a makeup???
Happy Happy!!!

Beach Mommy said...

Happy happy birthday Scott!! We love how inviting to others you are... there's always a hug to be had even if it means following you around until we get it. We love how excitable you are, how much you research everything, your refried beans, your love of the water and time in nature with family and friends. And we love that we are family... thanks Amber... you've bound us to a great guy! Thanks Dave and Nada for all you've done in raising him! Happy Birthday bro!! P, G, C N, and S

Carol said...

hey Amber - I am sorry I dont have your email address so this is how I will have to contact you. Just posted the race on my blog, few pictures of you, thought you might want to check them out :) (plus a small shout out to you at the bottom)
Carol

www.jensenjuice.blogspot.com