Thursday, January 15, 2009

This Weeks Project


After 6 days of climbing up and down a 15-17 foot ladder, the project is finally done! The first step was to finish painting the stairwell and then of course the pictures had to be hung. Ohhh no not new pictures, the pictures that were taken over a year ago, you know, the ones that are out dated because my 6 month old is now 18 months old and doesn't look at all like she did a year ago. But I love the pictures and I love how it turned out. It was worth risking my life, Right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...Carol and I were just at the beginning part of making our own frames. I am guessing you MADE this one yourself, right? How did YOU do it and where did you get those cute hanging hooks for the pics? It looked so classy...

Amber said...

Hey Denise! The rope and hangers I found at the great indoors. The larger black frame is made from casing; we hung the corner pieces first and then measured and cut the moulding to fit. The trickiest part was balancing ourselves on ladders to nail it in.

Tricia said...

Next time you come up for a visit, you need to help me with my sad decorating skills. My house still looks like we just moved in, and it's been over 4 years. Your project turned out perfect!

anna said...

It looks great Amber! I'm sure the picture doesn't do it justice!

Beach Mommy said...

I love the hooks... great project!

jenny said...

It looks FABULOUS. I wouldn't go to the extreme of risking your life...now I officially want to do that.

Unknown said...

Looks GREAT...and cute pictures too! CONGRATS on getting it done!