Monday, April 20, 2009

Sneaky Snake


When I was a young child my dad was a radio DJ. I think all 5 of us kids thought it was the coolest thing that our dad was on the radio and it made us a little more special that our dad was 'famous'. Our birthdays were especially fun; he would announce to all his listeners that it was our birthday and then play "Sneaky Snake". I loved it!

Dad, looking back, 'sneaky snake' is just one of many things you did for me (sitting for hours so I could plaster your hair with barrettes and ponytails, giving me a day off from school every once in a while so I could fill my bucket, letting me stand on your feet so you could dance me across the kitchen, buying me the biggest granny smith apple you could find because you knew I loved them...) that helped me learn some of life's most important truths, some of which are:

~I am loved.
~Laughter is the best medicine.
~Don't take yourself so seriously.
~Work hard, it pays off.
~Don't let anything get in the way of your dreams.
~Honor your Mother.
~You are a daughter of God.
~When the world beats you down, you can always come home.

I love you Dad, have a wonderful Birthday. Thank you for all the love!

6 comments:

anna said...

Wow, you look so much like brooklyn in that pic!

Beach Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Bapa. Nice ode Amber.

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad :)! Cute picture, and I agree...you TOTALLY look like Brooklyn!

jenny said...

I think Brooklyn TOTALLY resembles you as well. Happy Birthday to your dad!

Beach Mommy said...

OKAY, so enough sneaky snake... we need some updates on those kiddos... and maybe a peak at the competition before Lake Powell rounds the corner:)

Carol said...

i LOVE your family easter picture. I just wanted to say CONGRATS on the 1/2 marathon in CA. from the other girls blogs, it looks like you girls had a great time :)