Thursday, February 12, 2009

Runnin' Runnin' & Runnin' Runnin'

OK, so if my blog is truly a way to journal my life it would not be complete without a 'running' entry. 6 months after my daughter Brooklyn was born I started running and there has rarely been a day go by (except during my pregnancies) where it has not been incorporated into my day. People ask me all the time "How can you love to run?" I enjoy running (especially with friends), but I LOVE the way I feel when the run is over.

It is always good for me to have a goal, something to work for, where running is concerned. On January 31st I ran my 5th half marathon with a personal best time. Yeah! I decided to run just 1 week before the race and there were a group of girls in my ward running it who very eagerly included me in their 'hot momma club'.


My next endeavour is a 209.1 mile relay race. Our team of 12 is running from Prescott, AZ to Mesa, AZ on February 27th and 28th. Not only have we been making a lot of fun memories training for this race but we are running for a great cause, CARSON'S CRUSADE. Carson is a 3 year boy in my ward who was diagnosed with kidney cancer 1 1/2 years ago. He was the same age as Chloe is now. Carson, his family and friends have fought a very courageous fight and Carson's very recent scans all came back negative. HALLELUJAH!

Our Team
(Aprel, Minnie, Martha, Kim, Michelle, Tiffany, Jen, Me, Tishia, Monica, Jenny)
Go Team! We will rock this relay race! and Jenny I will happily be wearing all of my green thanks to you.

(Minnie, Tiffany, Me, Jenny)
On the top of the mountain: hill training by red mountain

Props to Martha for all of her time. Jenny and Tishia, thanks for all the miles!

5 comments:

anna said...

So is the Carson Crusade the same thing as the Ragnar Relay? If not, you are CRAAAAAZY!
All your running pays off, you look SO great!!

Tricia said...

Oh, I wish I lived down there to join in the fun. We can only run outside a few months out of the year, and not many of my friends run, so I'm on my own. I would LOVE a fun group to run with! Keep it up! You and all your friends look great! You really are 'Hot Mamas'!

Beach Mommy said...

You are a bunch of Hot Mommas! You are so lucky to have a great group to run with. Also to have people around you to take the kiddos when you're gone on long runs. You look so different now then when I joined the family. You're beautiful and I hope to look just as in shape after 4 kids...

Stevens Family said...

Way to go Amber! I miss our runs

jenny said...

I am a little late in reading, but thanks for all the fun miles. Especially those early morning risers!